المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : .. Essay ..

بالمختصر..
18-02-2008, 03:14

http://www.7ammil.com/data/17937/18040/7ammil_127_200px-magnus-christensson27s-notes-7504.jpg

First, you must know the differences between the paragraph and the essay

A paragraph ; is a collection of related sentences dealing with a single topic

It should be at least a third to half a page in length, but not too long or the reader will get lost. No one-sentence paragraphs! They give the impression that you read the Sun a lot. It's not good to give that impression

It should have what's known as a topic sentence, near the beginning, that announces the theme of the paragraph. The paragraph should not deviate from this theme or introduce any new themes

The first sentence should somehow be linked to, or contrast with, the last sentence of the previous paragraph

The first paragraph should announce clearly the theme of the essay. I prefer first paragraphs that quite baldly say "I am going to do this and that in this essay". (Some markers don't, however). In the first paragraph also you should define your version of the title and make it clear. If the marker knows from the beginning what you are going to do, s/he can bear it in mind and be aware that you are sticking to the point and developing it, because s/he will know what the point is

The last paragraph is not so important. You can proudly announce that you have fulfilled the aims of the first paragraph, if you like, or you can just end: it's up to you

An essay ; is a piece of writing, usually from an author's personal point of view. Essays are non-fiction but often subjective; while expository, they can also include narrative. Essays can be literary criticism, political manifestos, learned arguments, observations of daily life, recollections, and reflections of the author

? How to write an essay

Define the context

Choose a topic

Gather your information

Plan your essay

Write the body of your essay first

Conclude your essay

Write the introduction

Read through your essay

Revise, revise, revise

Proofread

: you must Avoid the following

making columns of point-form lists

making a comma-spliced list inside a paragraph

using et cetera (etc.); it's a cop-out. When teachers see "etc.", they may interpret it to mean, "and I can’t think of anything else"

: Types of Essays

Descriptive essay

Definition essay

Cause and effect essay

Argumentative essay

Narrative essay

Critical essay

Compare/contrast essay

Process essay

Expository essay

Summary essay

ملامح شمري
18-02-2008, 03:52
nice IAN - in a nutshe11

why don't you give us a practical example, by writing and
? posting a short essay

?.. by the way, did you ever read a foreign novels

بالمختصر..
18-02-2008, 04:21
:) I'm studying a foreign novels in the college

? why

ملامح شمري
18-02-2008, 04:46
just asking, no big deal
i read modern english novels just for fun
and i was hoping that you can recommend some of them to me..

الشاهري العبيدي
19-02-2008, 08:27
Good writing BilMoktaser.

Did you write this yourself or you copied from elsewhere?

I am asking because, if you were the writer of this, then you have a real sense of the English language.

Anyways, there are a lot of different types of writing English sentences and grouping them in a summary, paragraph, or even a whole page like a storey. More importantly, that you organize your writing so the reader will have interest to continue reading what you put together.

I dunno, Did I miss the point of your topic?
Anyhow, in official requests, Readers want to see the NEWS first, so don't start writing and writing, without giving the news ( the topic or the subject main theme),
otherwise, you will lose the reader interest completely after sometime.

One last thing thing to mention, there is something called technical writing and this is so much different from your topic.

I hate to talk a lot, but I rather stop here.

Thx BelMoktaser

بالمختصر..
21-02-2008, 04:11
al shahri

Did you write this yourself or you copied from elsewhere?

actually , it's from different sites & I have rewrite it & orgnize the information

:) JUST

. . thanks for sharing